I am a researcher at Weixin Group of Tencent. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, under the supervision of Prof. John C.S. Lui. I was a member of Advanced Networking and System Research Laboratory (ANSRLab) in CUHK. Before that, I received my B.E. degree in computer science from School of Computer Science and Technology at University of Science and Technology of China.
My research interests include social network analysis, user behavior analysis, and their applications. Recently, I have been learning causal inference.
During my spare time, I am an amateur iOS developer and maintain Pass for iOS.
My CV is here.
- Yishi Lin, Wei Chen, John C.S. Lui. Boosting Information Spread: An Algorithmic Approach. IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2017. [paper] [full tech report] [slides] [poster] [codes]
- Yishi Lin, Xiaowei Chen, John C.S. Lui. I/O Efficient Algorithms for Exact Distance Queries on Disk-Resident Dynamic Graphs. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM), 2015. (AR: 18%) [paper] [slides]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui. Analyzing Competitive Influence Maximization Problems with Partial Information: An Approximation Algorithmic Framework. IFIP W.G. 7.3. Performance Conference, 2015 (also accepted in the Journal of Performance Evaluation). [paper] [slides]
- Silei Xu, Yishi Lin, Hong Xie, John C.S. Lui. A Provable Algorithmic Approach to Product Selection Problems for Market Entry and Sustainability. The 26th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), 2014. [paper]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui, Kyomin Jung, Sungsu Lim. Modeling Multi-state Diffusion Process in Complex Networks: Theory and Applications. The 2nd Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications, 2013. [paper] [slides]
- Yishi Lin, Wei Chen, John C.S. Lui. Boosting Information Spread: An Algorithmic Approach. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, 2018. [paper]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui, Kyomin Jung, Sungsu Lim. Modelling Multi-state Diffusion Process in Complex Networks: Theory and Applications. Journal of Complex Networks, 2(4), 431-459, 2014. [paper]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui. Where & Who Should You Advertise? Influence Maximization for Two-Layer Networks. [paper]
- Research Internship, Microsoft Rsearch Asia, July - September 2015
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning (Spring, 2016)
- Introduction to Network Science (Spring, 2016)
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning (Spring, 2015)
- Problem Solving by Programming (Fall, 2014)
- Engineering Math III (Spring, 2014)
- Problem Solving by Programming (Fall, 2013)
- Journal Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Social Network Analysis and Mining, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
Last Updated: 2018/08