I am currently a fourth year Ph.D. student under the supervision of Prof. John C.S. Lui, in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. I received my B.E. degree in computer science from School of Computer Science and Technology at University of Science and Technology of China in 2013.
My main research interests lie in the field of social network analysis. In particular, I focus on information diffusion models and their applications. I am also broadly interested in designing efficient algorithms for real-world large-scale networks, and I work a bit on finding shortest paths in massive dynamic graphs.
- Yishi Lin, Wei Chen, John C.S. Lui. Boosting Information Spread: An Algorithmic Approach. Accepted for publication in the IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), 2017. [paper] [full tech report]
- Yishi Lin, Xiaowei Chen, John C.S. Lui. I/O Efficient Algorithms for Exact Distance Queries on Disk-Resident Dynamic Graphs. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM), 2015. (AR: 18%) [paper] [slides]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui. Analyzing Competitive Influence Maximization Problems with Partial Information: An Approximation Algorithmic Framework. IFIP W.G. 7.3. Performance Conference, 2015 (also accepted in the Journal of Performance Evaluation). [paper] [slides]
- Silei Xu, Yishi Lin, Hong Xie, John C.S. Lui. A Provable Algorithmic Approach to Product Selection Problems for Market Entry and Sustainability. The 26th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), 2014. [paper]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui, Kyomin Jung, Sungsu Lim. Modeling Multi-state Diffusion Process in Complex Networks: Theory and Applications. The 2nd Workshop on Complex Networks and their Applications, 2013. [paper] [slides]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui, Kyomin Jung, Sungsu Lim. Modelling Multi-state Diffusion Process in Complex Networks: Theory and Applications. Journal of Complex Networks, 2(4), 431-459, 2014. [paper]
- Yishi Lin, John C.S. Lui. Where and Who Should you Advertise? Influence Maximization for Two-Layer Networks. [paper]